DHI Hair Transplant (Choi Pen)
Did you know that by the time most men reach the age of 50, their hair begins to thin dramatically? Even more surprising is the fact that half of all women will experience hair loss at some point in their lives. Because of this, we here at Sule Clinic are ecstatic to provide our valued clients with safe and successful DHI hair transplants in Turkey at our cutting-edge facility. Of the many effective treatments for hair loss, DHI represents an improvement upon the method often employed in a hair transplant in Turkey, yielding more robust and visually appealing outcomes.
What is a DHI Hair Transplant?
To determine whether or not DHI hair transplants in Turkey are right for you, it is important to learn more about the procedure. We should get the fundamentals down first. Direct hair implantation is shortened to “DHI.” Okay, but what does this actually mean?
Follicular unit transplantation (FUT) and follicular unit extraction (FUE) are the two most prevalent types of hair transplant surgery (FUE). DHI hair transplants are a variant of the FUE method, in which follicles are extracted from the scalp and transplanted into bald or thinning areas. In FUE, your surgeon will make small incisions in your scalp and transplant hair follicles one by one. To save time and effort, a DHI hair transplant turkey uses a pen-shaped tool (Choi Pen) that does each of these tasks simultaneously.
Choi Pens are used in DHI
Choi Implanter Pen, or DHI Pen, is a pen-shaped medical equipment with a spring-loaded mechanism and a hollow needle measuring between 0.5 and 1.5 mm.
During DHI hair transplants in Turkey, a hollow needle of varying size is used to inject hair grafts containing anywhere from one to three hair follicles at a time. Therefore, during a DHI hair restoration, 5-6 Choi pens are often used. Experts in Turkey perform the most successful DHI hair transplant surgeries.
Since DHI (direct hair implantation) has emerged as the standard for hair transplantation in Turkey, Sule Clinic has become one of the country’s most trusted medical clinic. The two primary steps of a DHI hair transplant are the extraction and the implantation. The grafts are extracted using FUE, and then transplanted using an implanter pen. Grafts are pressed into place one by one using this pen method.
As a more complex and time-consuming surgical process, DHI hair transplants in Turkey require a larger surgical team. A more natural appearance is one of the procedures benefits.
Advantages of a DHI Hair Transplant
DHI hair transplant in Turkey has numerous advantages due to its revolutionary method:
- There is a higher rate of success for hair follicle transplants because the grafts are exposed to the outer environment for a shorter period of time thanks to the pen.
- Recipient site bleeding is much lower.
- When compared to other forms of hair transplants, you can anticipate a quicker recovery from the treatment, and you will be able to return to your typical activities sooner.
- This method causes less damage to the grafts than others, resulting in healthier end outcomes.
- It is not necessary to shave your head (only donor area must be shaved) prior to this process, so you can feel confident for a longer period of time. This means that individuals with longer hair are the ideal candidates for this surgery.
The DHI Process and Procedure
Since DHI hair transplants in Turkey are just modified versions of FUE, they follow the same steps. In a simple version of the method, your doctor will take hair follicles from a place on your scalp where hair grows well, usually the back of your head, and then put them in places where you are going bald. If these hair follicles are healthy, they will eventually grow new hairs, which will make your hair fuller.
- The doctor will shave the head and put local anesthesia on the area to make it feel numb.
- The surgeon will then remove hair follicles from the back of your head using a fine-tipped micro-motor.
- Collected hair grafts are classified according to the number of hair strands. Single hair grafts should be used for the front line.
- The healthy hair follicles will be inserted into a ‘pen-shaped’ equipment and implanted straight into your scalp’s balding area.
- After this is finished, an antibiotic cream and bandages are put to all of the locations to ensure the best possible healing.
Who Can Get a DHI Hair Transplant in Turkey?
Anyone who wants a hair transplant can get a DHI hair transplant in Turkey. This type of hair transplant is great for people who want the benefits of a hair transplant without having to shave first. Many people see their hair as a part of who they are, so losing it for a hair transplant can be very upsetting. People who work as representatives can also hide the hair transplant better because a shaved head would make it clear.
If you don’t have any health issues that might prohibit the hair transplant process, then you should be a good candidate for direct hair implantation in Turkey. Participants who have the following qualifications are eligible to have DHI hair transplant in Turkey:
- If you have hair loss problem.
- If you have already undergone a hair transplant.
- If you want to have hair, beard, mustache or eyebrow transplantation.
- If you have receding hairline.
- If you want to increase the density of your hair
How to Prepare Yourself for the DHI Hair Transplant?
DHI hair transplant patients in Turkey have access to a full team of consultants, nurses, and their surgeon for assistance before, during, and after the procedure. In any case, there are things you may do to improve the likelihood of a successful operation and obtain the expected outcomes. We will be with you every step of the way as you make your road to recovery at Sule Clinic, one of the leading DHI clinics in Turkey.
- You must inform the surgeon of all drugs you are now taking and have taken in the last week prior to surgery. You also need to give up tobacco products entirely (including e-cigarettes) at least a week before surgery, as they might increase your risk for complications and lengthen your time spent healing.
- Herbal tea and supplements of any kind should be avoided beginning the week before surgery. You should also stop using any blood-thinning medications (such aspirin or ibuprofen) right now. If you need to take pain medication other than paracetamol, you should let your surgeon know.
- The night before to surgery and the morning of operation, patients should abstain from eating and drinking for eight hours. Additionally, you must shower the day before or morning of your procedure. Your hair and scalp should be cleansed and disinfected, and you should avoid styling agents such as hairspray, hair gel, and mousse. It is also vital to wear clothing that can be quickly removed from the head, such as a button-down top or a T-shirt with a wide neck.
Recovery After the DHI Hair Transplantation
It is crucial that you pay close attention to the aftercare instructions that were provided to you by your surgeon after undergoing a DHI hair transplant. The following are some examples of this:
- After 48 hours, the hair should be washed for the first time (or as directed by the doctor). This is often performed in Sule Clinic.
- Sleep at a 15-degree angle to avoid swelling of the head.
- After the initial day of hair washing, you should continue to wash your hair everyday as recommended by your doctor. Following a shampoo, gently pat dry your hair with a clean, soft towel. Avoid using a hair dryer at all costs, and if you must, switch to the cold air setting.
- You will have scabs on your scalp where the hair was transplanted. This should go away in 14 days, but if it doesn’t, please let us know.
- During the first two to four weeks, you should take extra precautions to protect your hair from the damaging effects of direct sunshine, salt water, and pool water.
- Keep your head as free of pressure and impact from the outside world as possible.
- Please remember to take any post-operative medications on time and exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
The Differences Between DHI and FUE hair transplants
Both FUE and DHI are widely used hair transplant procedures, and each has its own benefits. In FUE hair transplants, for instance, the channels must be opened beforehand so that the surgeon can manually implant the grafts, which is not the case with standard hair transplants. There is still a requirement to build channels, however DHI uses a unique tool called the Choi Pen. This pen protects the graft and reduce the risk of damages. We use Saaphire FUE method for hairline and DHI for the crowns.