Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
The ideal body with a charming appearance is very important for men and girls, and they are adversely affected in psychological and social aspects when they have to deal with sagging. This is particularly true for women after pregnancy and men after a lot of weight loss. When it happens, Abdominoplasty is the most effective way to treat it.
Abdominoplasty is the most innovative treatment method, as it reduces skin sagging, excess fatness, softens the abdominal area, covers the navel region and tightens the belly. With the newest technology and equipment, this operation is carried out in Turkey.
Who is the Best Candidate for Abdominoplasty?
One of the most significant areas of the body is the abdominal area. A flat belly will please you and make you believe that you wear all the comforts of your favourite clothing. But people who want to perform the procedure must, like every other esthetic procedure, fulfil some features, like:
- abdominal skin is saggy.
- The abdomen’s muscles are collapsing.
- Excess abdominal fat. Excess fat.
- A lot of abdominal cracks.
The tummy tuck is not a weight loss surgery. It is a process that enhances the appearance of the abdomen in people who lost weight or post-pregnancy. It is advised that you wait until the tummy bite is done and/or the weight is determined whether you want to lose weight or if you are pregnant.
First, the doctor will recommend that you do some tests to know the exact amount of fat you have in your abdomen (in the case that you have excess fat, he might be able to suggest liposuction in the meantime). During the exams, it is essential to share with your doctor your expectations and your medical history, because it will help you get the best results.
It is important to know that before the surgery, as with all other plastic surgeries,
- You must be over 18 years old,
- You will stop drinking alcohol and cigarettes three weeks before the surgery.
- Inform your doctor regularly about the drugs you use.
- If you use antidepressants or eight loss pills, at least three weeks before the procedure should be discontinued.
- Painters, herbal supplements, vitamins and aspirin should be stopped one week before the surgery.
- Stop eating heavy meals before the operation.
- Before the procedure, you must have completed the weight loss process.
- You will wait until you are born again if you intend to become pregnant again.
- If you have chronic conditions, such as diabetes and blood pressure, it is important to tell your doctor that it must be postponed until the disease is over.
After childbirth or weight loss, distortion in the abdominal area and muscles can occur. It results in skin deformation in the abdomen.
The tissue forming the abdominal wall dangles during birth, resulting in a swollen abdomen. With the tension of the internal organs of the body, separation of the abdominal muscles from each other makes the abdomen hanging and flaccid. Hence, a tummy tuck is the most efficient way to get rid of excess fat and loose skin.
Depending on the procedure used, the process takes between 1.5-5 hours.
If the doctor opens an incision about 8-10 cm in the area under the abdominal navel and the underwear, you will be under general anaesthesia.
There will be a scar in this area because of the incision, but it can easily be hidden because it will stay under the underwear.
Liposuction, breast and uterine and ovarian surgery, together with the tummy tuck, can be performed. The method applied is based on the elasticity of the skin, the degree of slumping and the abdominal muscle volume.
Fully Abdominoplasty: The incision and excess skin underneath the navel are removed, tight abdominal muscles are tightened, and the navel’s shape is corrected if deformed. Excess fat is also eliminated in the belly and legs.
Mini Abdominoplasty: The mini tummy tuck is a more straightforward treatment; it is for those without any symptoms of skin sluggishness. This extracts only hair and excess fat from the lower abdomen. When required, the tummy muscles can also be relaxed.
Abdominoplasty and Pregnancy
Upon tummy tuck, there is no risk to pregnancy again. The process does not interfere with fertility and does not prevent the growth of the abdomen. After one year of birth, the abdominal expansion will occur. However, you must remember that it can happen again after surgery to shrink and stretch the abdomen during pregnancy. Therefore, if there is no contingency for another pregnancy or weight loss, it is advised to do a tummy tuck.
After Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
After the surgery and during the first few days, it is necessary to stay in the hospital for one night. The abdomen may have a feeling of pain and swelling. Nevertheless, painkillers will manage these pains.
Following the operation, medical drains placed in the body will be removed within 3-5 days to get rid of the accumulated fluid.
Even if you have trouble standing upright after the treatment, after 6-7 hours of operation, you can walk with someone’s support. You can walk alone after a day.
The incision will take about two weeks to heal, and within six months the muscles will regenerate and harden. That’s why you should skip three weeks of substantial activities, six weeks of abdominal exercises and not strain the abdominal muscles.
You should wear a medical corset for a month after the operation to increase the operation’s success and get the desired look faster. It may take the body 3-4 months to get to the final shape. Depending on the recovery speed of your body, you can return to your daily life and practical life in about 2-4 weeks.
In the first few months, the stitches can look bad. Moreover, the symptoms will diminish at the end of the first year, even if they don’t completely disappear.
Especially if you are exercising and eating well, the effect is irreversible. Still, after the procedure, there are some things to consider, such as
- You should not bathe until your doctor agrees.
- During the specified period, you must wear a medical corset.
- Coughing and sneezing should be avoided because, during the first week, stitches are not completely welded.
- After the surgery, you can limit sunshine.
- During the prescribed period, you should use the medicines prescribed by your doctor regularly.
- For 2-3 months, physical exercise should be stopped.
- After the procedure during the specified period, you should not smoke or drink alcohol.
- Follow the advice of your doctor after Abdominoplasty, and you will quickly get the desired look.