What Is FUE Hair Transplant?
FUE (follicular unit extraction) hair transplantation surgery is far less invasive than traditional strip surgery. There is no use of scalpel or staples or sutures. FUE is far better described as a “procedure” than as a “surgery.” With this technique the donor area is shaved down to the skin so the individual follicular units (FU’s) are exposed. Once the individual follicular units are visible, we can cherry-pick the most ideal FU’s to be extracted. Usually the units with the most follicles are chosen for removal. This allows us to maximize the number of follicles per graft excised. The average number of follicles per graft is considerably greater with this technique than with traditional strip harvesting and microscopic dissection.
Once each follicular unit
While the term FUE seems
The longer the punch, the greater the trauma to the scalp and the increased likelihood of donor scarring. Since the whole concept of FUE is to reduce the amount of visible scarring, the use of large punches may actually increase the amount of scarring in the harvest area. As a general rule small, sharp manual punches are able to produce graphs with the least possible trauma to both the graft and the donor area.
6 Steps of Hair Transplant Process
Operation Plan & Hairline Design
Haircut & Local Anesthesia
Extracting hair follicles from donor areas
Opening channels for transplantation
Implanting hair follicles to affected area
Cleaning & PRP
Hair wash process and other instructions help recovery. And a well-documented how to take care of your instruction paper will be given in your native language.
Advantages of FUE Hair Transplantation
- With FUE method, patients get intensive & natural looking hair.
- It is a solution for incipient and advanced hair loss.
- This technique is comfortable for patients because they fell less pain and after the operation, they have no scars, incision marks, or stitches.
- After FUE, patients get a fast recovery; patients can turn back to their normal life and travel the day after.
- With the right operation plan, there will be no damage on the donor area and no change in appearance even after multiple operations.