Things that you need to know and avoid
You have just returned home after hair transplantation and you want to be certain that you know what needs to be done for your newly implanted hair grafts. They are still sensitive and they will require some care and caution to achieve the best result. Before leaving the SuleHair, we give our hair transplant patients detailed instructions for home care.
What you need to do after a Hair Transplant:
- After your treatment, make sure to get some rest at the hotel.
- Do be careful about your head and please do not look downwards for seven days. This immensely helps with the swelling that may occur.
- Please do apply ice to the area just above the brows to help reduce swelling, which usually occurs on the third or fourth day after surgery. Swelling will only last a few days for most individuals, and some may never feel it at all.
- Please tell your nurses or the translators what medications you need to use.
- You can start washing your hair after the third day. As the Sulehair team, we will wash your hair at the clinic for the first time. Please do wash your head as it's written in the booklet.
- Please send us photos of your head area on your 10th day. With these photos, we can give a confirmation to the patient about their scabs.
- The patient must wear clothing with buttons and zippers for ten days. The clothes without these may harm the patient's transplanted area wearing it.
- Please clean the remaining scabs only after we give a confirmation.
- Please do drink plenty of water before and after your hair transplant procedure.
- After 2 to 4 weeks from your operation, some of your hair will come out from the transplanted regions. That is completely normal and a natural element of the hair growth cycle. That does not indicate that the follicles have been damaged. Within three months, your hair will regrow.
What you need to avoid after a Hair Transplant:
- Please do not rub your new hair against a pillow or sleep on your stomach or sideways.
- Please do not be worried if you notice swelling after surgery, especially on days three and four.
- Please do not touch your transplanted areas with a comb or similar objects for a month. Also please don't scratch your transplanted area or use your fingernails for a month.
- Please do not try to remove the scabs that are forming without our confirmation. It is important to let the scabs fully form before removing them. It is fine to let them naturally fall.
- Please do not wash your hair for the first 48 hours after the operations.
- For the first ten days, please do not wear any headgear of any kind. While wearing, the patient will damage their implanted hair because of the friction.
- Please do not expose your scalp to direct sunlight for a long time during your first month. After ten days, the patient can wear headgears to protect their head from the sunlight.
- Please do not go to the places like saunas, swimming pools, and the sea.
- Please do not exercise intensely for a month after your hair transplant. The patient needs to be careful with the exertion. The patient may do some light exercises.
- Please do not do any activities that cause you to sweat profusely.
- Please do not apply any kinds of oils, dyes, hair gels, or sprays for six months.
- Please do not consume alcohol for two weeks.
- Please do not have sexual intercourse for three days after the operations
- Please do not smoke or use any similar substances for six months. Blood flow is critical for the development of transplanted hair. The best course of action is to give up smoking completely.
Hair transplant surgery is a highly effective, minimally invasive procedure that can make a significant difference in your life. We hope that these suggestions will aid you in getting the most out of your hair restoration procedure. Please contact SULEHAIR if you have any additional questions about hair transplants.